Monday, March 22, 2010

Meet the Cooks! Kris10


Name: Kristen Erickson, a.k.a. kris10 |

Rides: I love my old steel mystery mountain bike converted to a single speed with a flip-flop hub on the back and a big-ol basket plus mustache handlebars on the front. When I need to get myself somewhere in a hurry, however, or if I am going to be traveling a long distance with a bunch of stuff, I like to ride my Specialized Allez road bike that has all the gears a girl could ever desire.

Cookin' since:
2006
| Holds down: Sunday 12-3 shift.

How'd you hear about the Kitchen:
Some time in 2006 my buddy TJ, a volunteer at the time and now an owner of Orange 20, got sick of me complaining about my boredom with my inactive lifestyle. He gave me my first bicycle and brought me to the Bicycle Kitchen to fix it up. It is still one of my favorite bikes! There were so many reasons why I fell in love with the Bicycle Kitchen; the Cooks were & are AWESOME, learning new stuff and problem solving on bikes is a BLAST, and getting my hands dirty & teaching others how to fix their own bikes is so satisfying.


Where's your favorite place to ride your bicycle: While I absolutely love exploring new places by bicycle, nothing compares to flying west on Sunset starting at the top of the hill after Alvarado late at night. When there are no cars around and all of the lights stay green, you can haul ass for blocks.

What do you do when you're not at Kitchen:
My career is in architecture. There are a number of residential projects throughout LA that I have designed, and you may have eaten at a Chipotle or shopped in an Oakley that I did the drawings for. I also enjoy designing stuff like furniture, fabric patterns, fruit bowls, jewelery, and bird feeders. Currently I am unemployed; anybody hiring?

No comments:

Post a Comment