Monday, January 11, 2010

Meet the Cooks! Rory Cowal


Welcome to the first of what will be a regular feature until we get them all--portraits of your friendly neighborhood Cooks!
Thanks to Rory, who kindly agreed to be the guinea pig.

Name: Rory Cowal Rides: Vitus project bike (made at BK.)
Cookin' since: December 2008 | Holds down the monday shift

How'd you hear about the Kitchen: Moved to the neighborhood and it caught my eye and almost immediately after moving here my bike was stolen from the vermont/beverly station, so I came in here to start a project. I remember at first especially with Jonny and Hazel and MaBell and Sophie. After spending time with these amazing people, I was hooked!

Where's your favorite place to ride your bicycle? When I first started to get around the neighborhood, I was riding down Sunset and Wilshire―major thoroughfares thinking “Why am I the only cyclist on these roads?” Spending a little more time at the Kitchen I learned that everyone has their favorite secret routes that sidestep the busiest streets and now, when I commute to work, I have my OWN secret routes that I'm proud of.

What do you do when you're not at Kitchen? I'm a musician. I play piano and I perform and teach music.

No comments:

Post a Comment